President Paul Kagame chaired a cabinet meeting on Tuesday and welcomed new Cabinet Members and wished them success in their duties.
Below are the resolutions of the meeting.
2. The Cabinet welcomed the election of Ms. Louise Mushikiwabo as the next Secretary General of La Francophonie.
3. The Cabinet emphasized strenghening the use of the French language in education, training and business in Rwanda.
4. The Cabinet meeting approved the minutes of the Cabinet Meeting held on 14th September 2018.
5. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following Policies, Programs and Strategies:
– Waiver of visa requirements to citizens of the Republic of Angola, People’s Republic of China, Republic of Namibia, Republic of Mozambique, the Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis and the United Arab Emirates.
– Transfer of the Government shares in Giheke Dairy plant to the farmers’ cooperative (COOPRODEG).
– Agreement between the Government of Rwanda and Zipline for the delivery of the medical products via drones.
– Authorized Rwanda Mines, Petroleum and Gas Board to issue licenses to twenty-seven (27) successful applicants to undertake mining and quarrying operations.
6. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following draft laws:
– Draft Law approving ratification of the Loan Agreement signed in Kigali, Rwanda on 16 October 2018, between the Republic of Rwanda and the African Development Bank, relating to the loan of one hundred sixty-five million five hundred ninety thousand Euros (EUR 165,590,000) for scaling up electricity access program II (SEAP II);
– Draft Law approving ratification of the Loan Agreement signed in Kigali, Rwanda on 16 October 2018, between the Republic of Rwanda and the African Development Fund, relating to the loan of fifty-three million Units of Account (UA 53,000,000) for scaling up electricity access program II (SEAP II);
– Draft Law governing Rwanda Civil Aviation Authority (RCAA) and determining its mission, organization and functioning;
– Draft Law modifying Law N° 42/2011 of 31/10/2011 relating to Civil Aviation Security.
7. The Cabinet Meeting approved the following Orders:
– Presidential Order approving the secondment of SP Christine GAKUBA, Senior Officer of Rwanda Correctional Service (RCS) to Muhabura Multichoice Company;
– Prime Minister’s Order determining the Supervising Authority of Rwanda Law Enforcement Specialized Academy (RLEA);
– Prime Minister’s Order appointing Ms. DUSABE Charlotte, Prosecutor at Intermediate Level;
– Prime Minister’s Order withdrawing a Plot of Land, located in Kinyinya Sector, Gasabo District, from the State Public Property to State Private Property;
– Prime Minister’s Order withdrawing two Plots of Land and immovable assets located in Muhima Sector, Nyarugenge District from State Public property to Private Property;
– Prime Minister’s Order withdrawing Land and Immovable Assets located in Muhima Sector, Nyarugenge District from State Public Property to Private Property;
– Prime Minister’s Order withdrawing Land and Immovable Assets from State Public Property to Private Property (11 residential houses) located in Niboye Sector, Kicukiro District and in Nyamirambo Sector, Nyarugenge District;
– Prime Minister’s Order dismissing Mr. DUSABIMANA Syridion who was a Director of Animal Resources Extension in Rwanda Agriculture and Animal Resources Development Board (RAB) from Public Service due to gross misconduct;
– Prime Minister’s Order dismissing Mrs. Margaret MBABAZI who was a Director of Finance and Administration in the Institute of National Museums of Rwanda (INMR) from Public Service due to gross misconduct;
– Prime Minister’s Order dismissing Mr. RUHUMURIZA Albert who was Director of Administration and Human Resources in Rwanda Transport Development Agency (RTDA) from Public Service due to gross misconduct.
– Prime Minister’s Order dismissing Mr. TOTO WA MUGENZA Emmanuel who was Director of Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and ICT in National Industrial Research and Development Agency (NIRDA) from Public Service due to gross misconduct.
– Ministerial Order amending Ministerial Order No 04/CAB.M/018 of 24/07/2018 establishing Civil Aviation regulations.
8. The Cabinet Meeting made the following appointments:
IN MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND ECONOMIC PLANNING /MINECOFIN
Mr. KWIZERA Jean Florent: Director of ICT Unit.
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION (MINEDUC)
– Mr. HABIMANA Fabien: Director of Science, Technology, Innovation and Research Unit;
– Mr. NIYOMANA MICO Emmanuel: Director of Education Policy Planning and Analysis Unit;
– Mrs. KUBWIMANA Fortune?e: Director of Languages and Humanities.
IN RWANDA GOVERNANCE BOARD/RGB
Mrs. MUKASEKURU Rahab: Director of Finance and Administration Unit.
IN RWANDA COOPERATIVE AGENCY/RCA
Mr. NKUBITO James: Director of Planning and Cooperative Promotion Unit.
IN MEDIA HIGH COUNCIL/MHC
Mrs. KANZAYIRE Denyse: Director of Media Content, Research and
IN RWANDA BIOMEDICAL CENTRE/RBC
Mr. MPABUKA Etienne: Director of Immuno-Virology Unit Inspection
IN RWANDA EDUCATION BOARD/REB
– Mrs. SENGATI Diane: Director of Digital Content and Instructional Technology Development Unit;
– Mr. GATERA Augustin: Director of Language Subjects Unit;
– Mr. GASINZIGWA G. Peter: Director of Arts & Humanities Subjects Question Item Bank Unit;
– Mr. RUTALI Gerard: Director of Selection, Orientation and Certification Unit;
– Mr. NDAYAMBAJE Johnson: Director of Language Subject’s Question Item Bank Unit;
– Mr. BUHIGIRO Seth: Director of Connectivity and Network Development Unit;
– Mr. KANAMUGIRE Camille: Director of Math & Science subjects Question Item Bank Unit;
– Mr. MURASIRA Gerard: Director of Teacher Training Unit;
– Mr. KAYUMBA The?oge?ne: Director of ICT Unit.
IN HIGHER EDUCATION COUNCIL/HEC
Mr. GACINYA Desire: Director of Bursary/Loan and Fund Management Unit
IN WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY/WDA
Mrs. UWAMAHORO Solange: Director of Qualification, Licensing and Accreditation Unit
IN INTEGRATED POLYTECHNIC REGIONAL CENTERS/IPRC
– Mr. UMUHERWA Gaston: Director of Training for College Campuses Unit – IPRC Ngoma;
– Mrs. NIYOMBABAZI Irene: Director of Academic Services Unit – IPRC Kigali;
– Mr. KAJUGA Bernard Thomas: Director of Students Welfare Unit – IPRC Kigali;
– Mr. KARANGWA David: Director of Finance Unit – IPRC Gishari;
– Mrs. MUREBWAYIRE RUTABANA Beata: Director of Students Affairs Unit – IPRC Gishari;
– Mr. MUSHIMIYIMANA Jean Damascene: Director of Human Resource and Administration Unit– IPRC-Musanze;
– Mr. NKURAYIJA Eric: Director of Students Affairs Unit – IPRC Musanze.
– The Minister of Health informed the Cabinet that Rwanda will host the International Conference on Family Planning (ICFP) from 12th to 15th November, 2018.
– The Minister of Sports and Culture informed the Cabinet that Rwanda will host a number of International Sports events:
- From 25th to 26th October 2018: The 8th Council of International Federation of Football Association (FIFA).
- From 20th to 24th October 2018: Football Clinic for Under 15 years.
- From 4th to 8th September 2019: The 2019 Commonwealth Games Federation’s General Assembly and Strategic Forum.
– The Minister of Agriculture and Animal Resources informed the Cabinet that the World Food Day will be celebrated at National Level on 26th October 2018 in Rurembo II Village, Rwabutazi Cell, Gatore Sector, Kirehe District, Eastern Province.
– The Minister of Environment informed the Cabinet that the Government of Rwanda received an Award for “Exceptional Leadership in Green Growth and Climate Resilience Strategy in Africa’’.
– The Cabinet was also informed that on 27th September 2018 at the UN General Assembly in New York, The Fund for Environment and Climate Change (FONERWA) received the “2018 UN Momentum for Change Climate Action Award” in the Financing for Climate Friendly Investment Category.
– The Minister in the Office of the President informed the Cabinet that Rwanda will host two regional meetings:
- The 12th Annual General Meeting of the East African Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities (EAAACA) from 19th to 23th November 2018, under the theme: “Winning the Fight against Corruption in Eastern Africa: Lessons and Challenges”.
- The 6th African Ombudsman and Mediators Association General Assembly from 27th to 30th November 2018, under the theme: “The Role of the Ombudsman/Mediators in Promoting Transparency and Accountable Governance in Africa.”
– The Ministry of Trade and Industry informed the Cabinet about the launch of the Policy and Logo of Made in Rwanda on 25th October 2018 in Kigali Conference and Exhibition Village. The event will be followed by the 4th Made in Rwanda Expo on 28th November to 11th December 2018.
– The Minister of Youth informed the Cabinet that on 1st November 2018, African Youth Day will be celebrated at National level.
This Statement was signed by Marie Solange KAYISIRE
The Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister in Charge of Cabinet Affairs