Head Of IT Department- AB Bank
Designation: Head of IT Department.
October 25, 2019
AB BANK Rwanda Plc. is looking for a qualified and competent candidate to fill the position of Head of IT Department.
The Head of IT, as a member of the Management Committee (ManCom), is responsible for developing, promoting and implementing the IT strategy of the Bank.
The candidate recruited shall be able to translate, in a forward-looking and strategic way, business requirements and business strategy into a strategy for technology and IT Operations.
As such the HoIT stands on the crossroads of business and technology; identify and arrange solutions to address the change and challenges arising of operations, targets, and strategy.
The objective of establishing this position is that IT becomes a competitive asset and provides solutions to processes that are vital to the functioning of the bank.
With the Bank being a network bank of the AccessHolding of banks, the HOIT shall align the IT strategy and his/ her work also with the overall business and technology strategy of AccessHolding and the management as well as the IT services provider of the Holding.
The Head of IT reports directly to Chief Executive Officer/Head of IT accessHolding
- Definition and implementation of Bank’s IT Strategy in close alignment with the management of the Bank and AccessHolding
- Ensuring delivery of all IT infrastructure, IT Solutions and IT Operations services, identification and implementation of improvements
- Planning and management of the work of the IT Department
- Defining and implementing IT Department organizational structure and ensuring optimal staffing
- Assignment of duties and responsibilities within the IT Department and Information Security Office
- Ensure sufficient skill-set, availability of resources and succession planning within the IT Department and Information Security Office
- Planning of annual IT budget with the purpose to ensure delivery of IT Services at an optimal cost. Ensuring IT spending control including monthly review and reporting
- Responsibility for all IT projects and direct management of complex IT projects
- Management of in-house development of IT Solutions in line with AccessHolding Enterprise Architecture principles
- Management of deployments of AccessHolding global IT Solutions
- Ensuring compliance with AccessHolding’s Enterprise Architecture, Information Technology, Information Security principles, policies and standards
- Ensuring compliance to Bank’s policies, standards, and procedures as well as local legislation and regulations
- Definition, implementation, and control of internal Information Technology and Information Security standards, policies and procedures
- Revolving review of IT-related business risk areas, derivation, and introduction of related Measures
- The conception of a business continuity plan and introduction of related procedures and measures
- Management of IT Team performance as well as performance of Information Security office and direct reporting to CEO
- Procurement and Vendor Management of IT Services and Assets
- Assessment, negotiations, and control external providers while meeting the budget targets
- Stringent compliance to regulatory requirements on ICT, digital finance, information security and the like
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the CEO, AccessHolding, and/or Board of Directors
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualification / Requirements
Desired experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of Microfinance, digital channels, and banking solutions would be an asset
- Knowledge of accounting and/or finance would be a plus
- Experience of working internationally would be an asset
- Experience in effective vendor management and controlling of service partners
MBA, ITIL, Cobit or ISO certifications would be a plus
Necessary experience and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in business information technology/information technology or comparable qualification; Master’s degree an advantage
- At least 4 years’ professional experience in a managing IT role or relevant senior IT position in a bank or financial institution
- Experience in implementing digital finance
- Evidence of sound experience in:
- Aligning of business and IT in banking or financial services sector
- Strategic and operational planning and control
- Management of IT Operations, IT Infrastructure, and Development
- Project management and delivery on scope, time and budget
- Supporting, initiating and implementing organizational change
- Driving for results and moving company forward
- Fluency in English is a must and knowledge of the local language would be a plus
- Experience in selecting providers and negotiating contracts, procurement
- Suitable leadership skills
- Willingness to travel internationally