The Eritrean Ministry of Health on Saturday said that all of the 39 #COVID-19 patients have recovered from the infectious disease.
The Eritrean Ministry of Health, in a statement issued on Saturday, disclosed that all 39 #COVID-19 patients in the country have recovered from the virus after the last patient “… recovered fully after standard tests at the National Laboratory and was released from hospital.”
“This result means that all 39 confirmed cases in the country to-date have recovered fully,” the statement read.
The ministry, however, stressed that “this important milestone should not induce complacency at this point in time.”
“Indeed, it is vital that every citizen continue to fully adhere to, and diligently implement, the government of Eritrea guidelines in force until the ongoing task of detailed and comprehensive assessment to gauge the spread of the pandemic in the entire country with full certainty is accomplished,” the Eritrean Ministry of Health said.
The Red Sea nation, which confirmed its first case of #COVID-19 on March 21, has since then implemented a series of measures to halt the spread of #COVID-19.
These measures include the ban on all commercial passenger flights to and from the country.
In April, the Eritrean government also introduced a 21 days nationwide lockdown to help contain the spread of #COVID-19 in the country.