The coordinator of the AFC/M23 rebels alliance Corneille Nangaa has insisted that the movement has no other option but winning the war.
“In this struggle for the total liberation of Greater Congo, we have no Plan B. We have only one plan: to win the war. The sun rises in the east; we are the light that will illuminate Congo,” Nangaa said.
He made the remarks during a high command meeting held in Goma city on Monday.
The meeting brought together the top leadership of the rebels alliance to review their performance in 2025 and setting the agenda for the year 2026.
Major General Sultani Makenga, called upon his comrades to ensure continuity of the struggle.
He urged the leaders to maintain a high level of sacrifice and vigilance, believing that only constant moral and operational discipline will enable the achievement of the objectives set by the movement.
Addressing the civilian and military leaders, the AFC/M23 political coordinator, Corneille Nangaa, said “The current momentum demands rigor, discipline, and a high sense of responsibility, in a context he described as decisive for the country’s future.”
Nangaa officially placed the year 2026 under the sign of victory, stability, and the beginning of the refoundation of the Congolese state, asserting that this new phase must be marked by responsible governance and a strong sense of living together.
Meanwhile, Taarifa investigative Desk has learned that heavily armed AFC/M23 rebels arrived in DRC’s Cobalt City in long columns earlier on Tuesday.
Located in Lualaba Province, Kolwezi is a global hub for cobalt mining.
According to World Bank data, the DRC produces over 70% of the world’s cobalt, a critical mineral for lithium-ion batteries in electric vehicles (EVs), smartphones, and renewable energy technology.


