The government of Rwanda has rejected claims by the Kinshasa authorities, during which, on Saturday, it paraded before the press, a group of young men alleging that they were captured members of the Rwanda Defence Forces.
Rwanda’s Foreign Affairs Minister, Olivier Nduhungirehe, stated that the Kinshasa regime has recycled the same person presented two years ago in Kivu.
“No member of the Rwandan Defense Force (RDF) has been arrested in Congo or presented to the press this morning. This is a mediocre farce that even its own directors don’t believe in,” Nduhungirehe said in a statement via his account on platform X.
The Rwandan chief diplomatic explained that “one of these so-called RDF soldiers, presented to the press today, is the infamous “Ndayambaje Abuba,” whom Colonel Guillaume Ndjike, then the FARDC spokesperson in North Kivu, had presented to us on February 16, 2024, as an RDF soldier from “a place called Kayonza” (without a serial number) and wearing a brand-new military uniform.”

However, “Col. Ndjike had apparently forgotten that the same young man had already been presented in mid-January 2024, in filthy civilian clothes, with feet that clearly had never worn military boots in their entire life! Even in trying to make the Ekenge scandal forgotten, the Congolese government is acting in an extremely mediocre way,” he said.



