Aside from their natural good taste and great crunchy texture, eating a large serving of fresh, raw vegetables each day can have significant health benefits.
1. A NATURAL SOURCE OF FIBER
Greens are a source of natural fiber, and consuming enough fiber each day has several health advantages like reducing LDL or “bad” cholesterol and controls blood sugar.
2. LOAD UP ON SALADS FOR WEIGHT CONTROL
Eating a fiber-rich salad before your entree will help you to feel full faster, so you’ll consume less calories than you might when a meal is served without this appetizer.
3. BUILD STRONG BONES
For healthy bone growth, a recommended full daily serving can be found in a salad
4. IMPROVE MUSCLE PERFORMANCE
The nutrients found in salads not only help to build strong bones, they also help to improve the performance of the mitochondria – little structures inside our cells that help to produce energy, as well as inform and power our muscles.
Our favorite pick is a California Garden Salad with spicy chicken at Java House.
- Olive oil
- Cider vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Ground mustard
- Paprika (not necessary)
- Head romaine, torn into pieces
- Avocado, diced
- Green onions with tops, sliced
- Slivered almonds, toasted
- Crumbled blue cheese (not necessary)
- Cucumber (can be replaced with pineapple dices)