The young Rwandan cyclists currently undergoing intensive training in Belgium have continued to impress their hosts because of their quick adaptation.
On Monday two cyclists (Yves and Felicien) participated in the Zottegem-Strijpen.
The race course was the same as the one done by the other riders yesterday July 15th – hilly, with a stone road and 88km made of 11 laps of 8km each.
However, Jean Eric was not able to participate as his fingernail injury is still painful and he is not able to use his right hand.
The race had 39 riders who participated in total, from Rwanda, Belgium, USA and Israel.
The race was decided on the 2nd lap when Yves attacked and few riders followed him. That peloton leaded from that moment until the end of the race
All the 2 Rwandan riders finished the race;
- Yves NKURUNZIZA came on the 7th place with 2h20’30s (1’44s after 1st rider)
- Felicien HAKIZIMANA came on the 20th place with 2h22’58s (4’12s after 1st rider)
The top 3 riders in this race were:
- SAVER Kasper (Belgium): 2h18’46s
- INGWERSEN Jacob (USA): 2h19’53s
- MELAMED Shahar (Israel): 2h19’53s