Tanzanian President John Pombe Magufuli is expected to appear at the country’s parliamentary building (bunge) for a special Address to the East African Legislative Assembly (EALA).
Prior to the scheduled special address, EALA speaker yesterday met with the EALA Commission.
Also Ngoga met with the country’s Prime Minister and briefed him on the Assessment Tour that Members did and also about the Bills to be debated by Members mostly the delayed EAC Monetary Bill.
In its rotational requirement, the East Africa Legislative Assembly (EALA) commenced its sitting in Dodoma, United Republic of Tanzania from April 9th and runs through to 28th.
The Assembly has deliberated on a number of key issues. Bills and resolutions have been brought before Plenary.
The Rt. Hon. Speaker informed the media about the Assembly’s intention to conduct the following notable business:
- to receive the official address by H.E Dr. John Pombe Joseph Magufuli at a Special Sitting, the date of which shall be communicated;
- consideration of the EAC Monetary Institute Bill, 2017 and the EAC Oaths Bill, 2017;
- consideration of the report of the on-spot assessment tour by the Assembly of the major flagship EAC infrastructure projects, undertaken in February 2018;
- consideration of other reports and pending matters from various Committees of the Assembly;
- consideration of several Motions and Questions brought before the House;
- apart from the above said business that will be conducted in the Plenary Chamber, the Assembly also intends to participate in the official activities of the government of the United Republic of Tanzania to mark the Union Day on 26th April, 2018;
- engage in outreach programmes like tree planting in Dodoma and engagement with Institutions of higher learning as well as the private sector.